Meetings & Activities
- Wednesday, December 22, 2010
- 1,030 views
Who goes to Grace Baptist? All sorts of people. Children, teenagers, adults, elderly folk. People from all walks of life.
When do you meet? Our main services are held on Sundays at 10.30 am and 6.30 pm. They usually last about 1¼ hours.
What are the meetings like? They’re simple, easy to follow, down to earth. We sing traditional hymns. One of our pastors usually leads the meeting, reads from the Bible, prays, explains what the Bible says in a way that everyone can understand.
Is there a collection? No. We never take up a collection and we never ask anyone to pay for any of the activities we organise.
Do you hold any other meetings? Yes. We run lots of other meetings: a Sunday-school for children up to the age of 12; Biblestudies; ladies’ meetings, men’s breakfasts – all sorts of things.
What do you believe? We believe everything that the Bible teaches. But especially we emphasise the Bible’s central message – the good news about Jesus Christ. The Bible tells us that we are all “sinners”. We have disobeyed God’s commands and we are cut off from God. But Jesus Christ came to bring us back to God. He is able to forgive all for all the wrong we’ve done, change us inside and give us eternal life. Come along if you want to know more!
- Sunday Services at 10.30am & 6.30pm
- Sunday School 12.15pm till 1pm, ages 3 to 12. Lad’s Bible Study & older childrens groups at the same time.
- Wednesdays Bible Study/Prayer Meeting 7.45pm mainly attended by church members. Others wishing to attend should contact us in advance via the website.
- Ladies Meeting: Friday 1.30pm (term time) in the homes of ladies from the church.
- Discovering the Bible - A Bible-study for Students from all nations. Mondays at 7.30pm in Manchester.
- “Story Time” – Wednesdays during school terms. 3 to 4.30 pm. For parents with children of all ages.
- Any Questions? Any Answers? – Once a month topical ladies meeting on Tuesday nights at 8pm in homes.
- Men’s breakfast monthly – good food, good news, recent speakers have spoken on debt and power. Come along, join the discussion!
- Castle Street book table Saturday 10.30am twice monthly in Edgeley.
- Starting with the Bible & Starting as a Christian – 6 week courses introducing the Christian faith.